Using photography for patient education is another strategy that will help your office thrive in a down economy. We have all heard the saying that a picture is worth 1,000 words and this concept is especially true when helping patients understand the condition of their teeth and why they might want to move forward with treatment. The key to making this work in your practice is to develop a simple system to use digital photos for patient education.
Digital photography can have numerous impacts on your dental practice: Photos can educate patients and improve case acceptance. In this episode Gary shares 6 Digital Photos for Patient Education in your New Patient Appointment
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Today’s Clinical Tip
- 00:03:01 – Dr. Vu Le on Avoiding the Dreaded Sticky Composite.
Coaching In Action
- 00:08:58 – What is the number way to increase case acceptance?
- 00:09:49 – What are the most common things patients say when they look at the photos?
- 00:11:32 – What did Dr. Frank Spear suggest to Gary accelerate a dentists career?
- 00:12:26 – Gary talks about the 6 types of photos you should take to increase case acceptance.
- 00:12:37 – Photo Number 1
- 00:12:51 – Photo Number 2
- 00:13:22 – Photo Number 3 and 4
- 00:14:29 – Photo Number 5 and 6
- 00:16:39 – Why is it important to train everyone in your office to take photos
- 00:17:11 – How to train your team members to take photos.
- 00:20:14 – What is the device you should load the photos on for the patient to view it.
- 00:23:18 – A tip Gary learnt from Dr. Frank Spear.
- 00:28:50 – Question 1 – What is the best method to load the digital photos to the tablet?
- 00:31:33 – Question 2 – I have been taking the digital photos myself, but I really like your suggestion to train the entire team to take these photos. Any suggestions on training my team?
- 00:35:34 – Question 3 – Would you still include taking these digital photos on young adult new patients who are very healthy?
- 00:39:19 – Question 4 – Thanks to your encouragement, we are now taking these digital photos for all new patients and you are absolutely right; these photos are a powerful tool to help patients take a greater interest in their dental health. Now I want to get these photos for all my existing patients. How is the best way to do this with our overwhelming my Team?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!