Welcome to another insightful episode of our podcast, where we delve into the fascinating world of dental practices. In this episode, we shine a spotlight on a crucial role within the dental team: the Treatment Coordinator. Join Gary as he explores the multifaceted responsibilities and importance of a Treatment Coordinator in ensuring seamless patient care and practice success. Get ready to gain valuable insights and practical tips in this enlightening discussion. Let’s dive in!
Subscribe To Our Podcast
- 00:00:24 – Introduction to the Episode
- 00:00:44 – Upcoming Masterclass: The 24 Business Systems for a Thriving Practice
Today’s Clinical Tip
- 00:03:38 – Dr. Jared Williams on ‘3 tips to start your 3rd Molar Journey.’
Coaching in Action
- 00:06:33 – The significance of a treatment coordinator
Gary further explains the role of the treatment coordinator
- 00:14:43 – 4 things that a treatment coordinator should do in the first half hour of the appointment
- 00:21:22 – The secret to connecting with the patient
- 00:25:19 – Other characteristics of a treatment coordinator
- 00:27:07 – Question 01 – I am intrigued by your suggestion to add a Treatment Coordinator to my practice. What skills should I look for in hiring for this position?
- 00:30:22 – Question 02 – I love the idea of a treatment coordinator to help patients choose ideal care. How do I attract more patients who are interested in ideal dentistry?
- 00:34:03 – Question 03 – I like your concept of combining taking records, a comprehensive Dr. Exam, and a hygiene appointment for our new patient appointment, but I really think 2 hours for that first appointment is too long. Can this be done in an hour and a half?
- 00:37:39 – Question 04 – We take digital photos of our cosmetic cases and our complex restorative cases. However, we are not taking digital photos of our typical new patient. Do you think it would be useful to start taking digital photos for all new patients? If so, what specific photos would you recommend?
- 00:39:04 – Question 05 – Are you aware of any training resources for a Treatment Coordinator?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!