In this episode of The Thriving Dentist, Gary discusses the importance of having a mentor in your dental career. He also discusses the characteristics of great mentors and provides resources for finding mentors in cosmetic dentistry, complex restorative dentistry, the behavioral side of dentistry, and more!
Subscribe To Our Podcast
- 00:00:24 – Introduction to the Episode
- 00:03:57 – Naren Arulrajah on Do you Have a chatbot that engages patients 24 hours a day?
Coaching in Action
- 00:10:12 – Gary shares about how important is a mentor
Insights on mentoring continued!
- 00:14:45 – Being intentional
- 00:17:11 – How being an expert plays into your favor
- 00:20:51 – Characteristics of great mentors
- 00:22:04 – Cosmetic dentistry mentors and courses
- 00:23:22 – Complex restorative dentistry resources
- 00:25:32 – Other institutes and mentors to look out for
- 00:27:14 – Mentors to learn about the behavioral side of dentistry
- 00:31:02 – Question 01 – I’m a recent Dental School Graduate with limited resources to invest in CE right now. What are some courses you would recommend for me?
- 00:37:40 – Question 02 – What is an appropriate annual budget to spend on CE?
- 00:41:03 – Question 03 – What is your perspective on virtual CE courses vs in-person CE courses?
- 00:44:35 – Question 04 – As a regular listener of your podcast, I know you are very passionate about the behavioral side of dentistry and helping Dentists build their communication and people skills. What are some CE resources you would recommend to build this skill set?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!