Picture this: you’re a dedicated dentist, passionately honing your craft, but somehow, there’s a gap between your hard work and your outcomes. Ever wondered why you’re not collecting everything you produce? Well, you’re in the right place because, in this episode, we’re diving deep into the heart of the matter – four common mistakes that might be holding you back from the thriving practice you deserve!
Subscribe To Our Podcast
- 00:00:24 – Introduction to the Episode
Today’s Clinical Tip
- 00:03:08 – Dr. Avi Patel on Great Success with Aligners
Coaching in Action
- 00:06:22 – Gary explains about cash flow
Gary Shares the 4 Mistakes and How to Fix Them
- 00:28:55 – Question 01 – I don’t have a consultation room and no space to add one. How can I have better privacy for financial discussions without a consult room?
- 00:33:51 – Question 02 – I feel like my office does a good job of managing our accounts receivable. However, on occasion, we do have a collection problem with individual patients. What resources would you recommend when we have not been successful in managing these accounts in-house?
- 00:37:40 – Question 03 – One of the four KPIs that you mention is following up on unpaid insurance claims. This is something we don’t do consistently enough. How can I help my financial coordinator understand that this has to be done consistently?
- 00:43:37 – Question 04 – There are payment options that have recourse. Would you ever consider using a recourse payment option?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!