How far can you go as a solo dentist practice? Is a solo practice the right model to follow now? Listen to the episode to find out!
This episode features a clinical tip from Lewis Chen on Learning to identify if your restoration is seated properly.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
In this episode, you will learn
- How far can you go as a solo dentist practice?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of being in a solo practice model?
- How to determine if a solo dentist practice is right for you?
Today’s Clinical Tip
- 00:02:55 – Learning to identify if your restoration is seated properly by Lewis Chen, DDS, FICOI, FIADFE
Coaching In Action
- 00:10:40 – Gary talks about one of the 4 principles taught by Dr.L.D.Pankey.
- 00:11:19 – Why did Dr. L. D. Pankey think that the solo dentist model isn’t the best model?
- 00:16:06 – Why would a doctor choose a solo dentist model?
- 00:18:36 – Why should you avoid having a revolving glass door of associates?
- 00:19:38 – How far can you go as a solo dentist practice owner?
- 00:29:12 – Question Number 1 – I am a newer practice owner who purchased a strong practice about a year ago. The transition went really well and I am very happy with my first year practice ownership. The previous dentist was a participating provider of many PPO plans and I followed the same path with the interest in keeping as many of his patients as possible. When should I consider starting to drop PPO plans?
- 00:32:01 – Question Number 2 – I like being a solo dentist. However I like to grow the High Value Dentistry part of my practice. How do I attract these patients?
- 00:39:50 – Question Number 3 – As a solo dentist, is it feasible for me to take a 3-week vacation?
- 00:42:57 – Question Number 4 – One challenge I see in my solo dentist practice model is keeping up with the hygiene exams in my practice. I am a long time listener and I totally agree with your concepts around a hygiene driven practice. Your thoughts
- 00:47:05 – Question Number 5 – I am drawn to the benefits of a solo dentist practice. Are there any challenges that I may not have thought about?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!