In this episode, Gary talks about the importance of having a strong why and how it helps improve your practice culture and develop an ideal dental practice.
Great leaders leading a group of people typically don’t start with what or the how but rather the why.
So how do you implement a strong why in your practice?
Listen to this episode and learn what Gary has learned from amazing practices that start with a why and how you can implement it in your practice.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Today’s Clinical Tip
- 00:03:19 – Clinical photography & balancing bites & doing occlusal equilibration by Dr. Drew Link
Coaching In Action
- 00:10:48 – One of the issues dental practices are facing right now.
- 00:11:36 – Gary shares 2 separate experiences from last year.
- 00:18:01 – Gary talks about the importance of asking why, to solve the employment situation today.
- 00:21:06 – Gary talks about the mindset of millennials.
- 00:21:38 – Gary talks about the 2 audiences who you need to be asking the question, why?
- 00:27:35 – Gary talks about some important things to be done in the morning huddle.
- 00:29:10 – Question 1 – What are some ways that I can keep our ‘practice why’ front and center with my team?
- 00:33:16 – Question 2 – I feel like over time my practice has morphed into a less than ideal practice. How can I begin to turn this around?
- 00:36:33 – Question 3 – I struggle balancing our practice why with focusing too much on the numbers. How can I strike a more effective balance?
- 00:40:11 – Question 4 – I feel like my team is divided on this. Some of my team members seem deeply committed to our practice why and others seem like they are in it for the paycheck. How can I get everyone get on board?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!