In today’s episode, we unravel the mysteries behind a crucial aspect of dental practice – ‘What is Hygiene Occupancy?’ and, more importantly, ‘Why is it So Important?’ Discover the secrets that can elevate your practice to new heights. Stay tuned for practical tips and actionable advice to thrive in the dental industry. Let’s get started!
Subscribe To Our Podcast
- 00:00:24 – Introduction to the Episode
Today’s Clinical Tip
- 00:03:40 – The Secret Cut Top GPs Use for 3rd Molar Surgery by Dr. Jared Williams
Coaching in Action
- 00:09:23 – Gary defines Hygiene Occupancy
Insights on maintaining peak Hygiene Occupancy
- 00:11:23 – Hygiene occupancy goal
- 00:14:16 – How to track hygiene occupancy
- 00:18:04 – 1st tip to achieve hygiene occupancy goal
- 00:23:43 – 2nd tip
- 00:25:21 – 3rd tip
- 00:31:02 – Question 01 – Is there a Formula For Determining When to Add More Hygiene Days in My Practice?
- 00:37:40 – Question 02 – I suspect that I am not alone in this problem but we have an unacceptable rate of Hygiene Cancellations and No Shows. How can I turn this around?
- 00:41:03 – Question 03 – Do you recommend using ‘block scheduling’ for Scaling and Root Planning (SRP) appointments in the hygiene schedule?
- 00:44:35 – Question 04 – Is there a way to Market My Practice to Attract Patients Who are More Likely to Keep their Hygiene Appointments?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!