In this special episode, Gary shares invaluable tips on achieving a fulfilling retirement in the dental profession. Discover essential resources that can help you determine the financial aspects of retirement, ensuring you’re well-prepared for the next chapter of your life. But it’s not just about retiring from dentistry; it’s about retiring to something meaningful. Join us as we emphasize the importance of a purposeful retirement journey plan.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Today’s Clinical Tip
- 00:02:57 – 3 Questions to Ask Yourself When Diagnosing a Patient by Dr. Jasper Thoolen
Coaching in Action
- 00:05:49 – Gary and Naren talk about retirement for Dentists
Gary Shares Tips for Planning Your Retirement
- 00:11:41 – Concepts about retirement
- 00:19:23 – A real-life example from Gary about the work schedule
- 00:24:54 – Question 01 – What is the youngest age of a Dentist you have encountered who has successfully retired?
- 00:28:03 – Question 02 – I’m 62 years old and in very good health (active and no medications). I could see myself practicing for another 10 years by choice. Do you think it might be possible for me to reduce my schedule to four 5-hour workdays? NOTE: I have a great Associate Dentist who would like to become my successor.
- 00:34:47 – Question 03 – I’m 42 years old and the owner of a strong practice with a full-time Associate Dentist. I have always been taught note to dilute the equity in my practice. But I am open to other approaches. Your thoughts?
- 00:37:44 – Question 04 – Can you suggest any resources that can help me prepare for retirement?
As a dental practice coach, Gary provides guidance for dental professionals on how to create a healthier practice style that lets them deliver excellent patient care while reducing depending on insurance.
More importantly, Gary’s insights are not just based on theory – as a co-owner of a dental practice, he has first-hand experience in making this transformation from a high-volume and low-fee insurance model to a fee-for-service approach that is more sustainable and promotes a patient-centric and financially healthy dental practice, and he is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with other dental practitioners via the popular Thriving Dentist Show!